Prometheus Law’s debt claims solicitor is Andrew Lee.
Andrew’s hourly rate is £300.00 plus VAT.
Prometheus Law can look to offer a bespoke package to suit your specific needs because your needs are unique, and we look to understand that and respect that to meet your unique needs.
Prometheus Law can consider offering:
- Fixed fees
- Capped fees
- Retainers — fixed or flexible
- Staged fees
- Hourly rates
Letters Before Action / Letters of Claim:
£300.00 to £600.00 plus VAT*
*does not include review of documents, advice on merits or follow up correspondence and assumes only one invoice outstanding
Issuing of Court Proceedings:
On Judgment (Undefended i.e. where defendant has not filed an Acknowledgement of Service and/or Defence):
Where a matter is disputed and is listed for a hearing there will be an additional hearing fee applicable.
‘Small Claim’ Track where the amount is:
There is no typical debt recovery time scale. However, as an example, a typical debt recovery demand letter requires a company to respond within 7 days and a [non-corporate] private individual to respond within 30 days.
The time scale will be impacted if we are required to issue a claim and if the other side pay promptly on receipt of any judgment issued by a court.
If enforcement action is required, we will discuss the fees and timescales involved.
With every transaction there are key stages, which may vary according to individual circumstances. Our fee covers the following:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Issuing a letter before action requesting payment from the debtor
- Receiving payment and sending this on to you
- Drafting and issuing a claim form to the relevant court if the debt is not paid
- Applying to the court to enter a Judgment in Default if the debtor fails to respond to court proceedings
- Contacting the other side to request payment where a Judgment in Default has been issued by the court
The above information is subject to amendment.
Prometheus Law does not accept service of documents by email and fax.