Prometheus Law’s employment solicitor is Andrew Lee.
Andrew’s hourly rate is £300.00 plus VAT.
Prometheus Law can look to offer a bespoke package to suit your individual or business needs because you are unique, and we look to understand that and respect that to meet your specific needs.
Prometheus Law can consider offering:
- Fixed fees
- Capped fees
- Retainers — fixed or flexible
- Staged fees
- Hourly rates
Our guideline pricing for bringing and defending claims for unfair or wrongful dismissal matters. It is subject to amendment.
Simple case: £3,000.00 – £5,000.00 plus VAT (total: £3,600.00 – £6,000.00)
Medium complexity case: £5,000.00 – £10,000.00 plus VAT (total: £6,000.00 – £12,000.00)
High complexity case: over £10,000.00 – £20,000.00 plus VAT (total: £12,000.00 – £24,000.00)
These costs are based on Andrew Lee working on the matter with his applicable and agreed hourly rate.
Factors that could make a case more complex:
* If it is necessary to make or defend applications to amend claims or to provide further information about an existing claim.
* Defending claims that are brought by litigants in person.
* Making or defending a costs application
* Complex preliminary issues such as whether the claimant is disabled (if this is not agreed by the parties)
* The number of witnesses and documents
* If it is an automatic dismissal claim, e.g. you are dismissed after blowing the whistle on your employer.
* Allegations of discrimination which are linked to the dismissal.
* Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Court or Tribunal fees. We could handle the payment of disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
In the case of fees payable to Barristers, their fees are largely determined by the level of their experience.
In most cases, Barristers’ fees for attending hearings will range between £1,500.00 – £4,000.00 plus VAT (total £1,800.00 – £4,800.00).
If a case runs on for additional time, which is not anticipated in the original brief fee, there may be further payments range between £750.00 – £2,000.00 plus VAT (total £900.00 – £2,400.00) for each additional day.
How long will it take?
Time scales are dependant on whether a settlement is reached during pre-claim conciliation. If so, your case is likely to take 6 to 12 weeks to resolve. If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your case is likely to take 26 to 39 weeks. Please note that a case may go beyond 39 weeks if it is particularly complex and/or if it is impacted by Court or Tribunal backlogs as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The key stages of a tribunal
* Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change)
* Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
* Preparing claim or response
* Reviewing and advising on claim or response from other party
* Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
* Preparing or considering a schedule of the compensation being claimed
* Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
* Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing the set of documents to be used in the case
* Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
* Preparing bundle of documents
* Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
* Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to any barrister instructed
The above information is subject to amendment.
Prometheus Law does not accept service of documents by email and fax.